Our staff are committed to high standards of professionalism and responsiveness, and provide quality nursing care and hospital support services. St George's Hospital employs approximately 450 people in a wide variety of careers, for example nurses, radiation therapists, chefs, accountants, information technology specialists, sterilisation technicians, quality facilitators, laundry assistants, midwives, gardeners, engineers, cleaners, receptionists, administration staff and various leadership and management roles.
All our career opportunities are advertised on our vacancies page. St George’s Hospital always follows a rigorous recruitment process that includes interviews, reference checks and meeting of candidates either in person or via Skype prior to making any offer of employment.
St George’s never makes unsolicited offers of employment via e-mail or any other format.
Working at St George’s Hospital
St George's Hospital prides itself in caring not only for its patients and customers but also for those who make St George's the centre of excellence it is today; the people who have chosen a career with us.
If you enjoy working in an environment that focuses on
- Patients, their families and whanau
- Evidence based best practice
- Friendly, supportive and professional staff
- Clinicians who are experts in their field
- Professional development
- Strong leadership and teamwork
- Continual quality improvement
- Leading edge technology and innovation
Characteristics of a St George’s Hospital employee
- Is caring and compassionate
- Lives by the St George's values
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with patients, customers and colleagues
- Thrives in an environment of innovation
- Is proactive and committed to best practice and improvement